skip to content

Our Private Client Services

Powers of attorney & Court of Protection

Appointment of a deputy

If you do not have an EPA or LPA in place and you lose the mental capacity to make your own decisions then it is necessary to apply to the Court of Protection to appoint someone (called a "Deputy") to make decisions on your behalf.

The process is complex and requires the proposed Deputy to report all of your financial details to the Court. The process is similar to the application for a Grant of Probate in terms of the amount of information that is required.

Anyone can apply to be appointed and the cost of the application will be born by you.

PWT Advice are experts at assessing mental capacity for the purposes of making a Will and executing a LPA and can also apply for a Statutory Will or the appointment of a Deputy if capacity is in question.

For a no-obligation discussion, call us on + 44(0)345 833 9025

We've listed the areas we can advise on in detail but we don't want to waste your valuable time. If you're not sure whether we can help, just email us or call on + 44(0)345 833 9025. We're happy to have a look at your issues and confirm if we can help.